If you are planning to move to Germany, the blocked account is mandatory to receive your study visa. A blocked account is required by German authorities as proof of funds to cover your living expenses in Germany. To open an account with ICICI bank, you can visit their official website and follow the given five easy steps;
- Visit the Official website of ICICI Bank Germany and complete the online application form required for opening a blocked account. If you are already registered, then fill in the details and login, otherwise Click on I AM NEW HERE and register a free account.
- Verify the Email received and Login into the account.
- After login, please Click on Blocked Account and then Apply Now.
- Follow the instructions given on Screen.
- While completing the online application, you will get a question: Have you been referred by a Consultant/Agent. Please enter this code ICICIMAPL.
- After completing the online application form, you must upload the scanned copy of your Passport & University's Admission letter.
- Once you finish all the online formalities, in your next step the bank will share the account details where you must fund the amount of €11208 plus the bank's program fee i.e., €150 and €100 buffer. After financing the amount to the company's account, you can also get your Debit Card in India.
- After successfully transferring the amount, you can get your Balance Confirmation Certificate in your email/on the bank's website.
- Once you arrive in Germany, the company will activate your account automatically, and you have to update your German address.